Saturday, April 16, 2005

MacGyver

Sometimes old shows get reissued on DVD for no obvious reason. There is no MacGyver fever sweeping the country, nor shall there ever be. And yet, some biwig decided that now was the time to bring him back. Honestly, it's not like I mind, Mac is pretty darn cool. And now I can carry around his adventures in my DVD storage unit, whenever I want. Which is often.

Hey, folks. It's Time Stalin again, here to heartily reccomend you go out and buy this. And I rarely recommend you buy anything, because I'm generally for seeing the wheels of Capitalism grind slowly to a halt... because forming a proper revolution by myself has proven taxing. I am more or less immortal, though, so I'm rather patient. So don't buy anything else, and let the country grind to a halt so that I can take it over, but buy MacGyver DVDs, because you should get them. Am I being clear? I'm not sure, I spent the last 22 hours watching them straight, and I usually power down every six hours to reboot my neural-interface subprocessor, so I'm kind of out of it. In the sense that I've lost control of some of my limbs. I hadn't noticed at first, because I wasn't using them, but now I'm sort of trapped until someone comes by to help me out. Um. Ed, if you read this, that'd be nice.

...

Okay, whoever rescues me first gets appointed to Minister of Internal Affairs. External Affairs? Eternal Affairs? Plain old Affairs? I'll let you borrow the DVDs?

Yo. I'll be taking those. I idolized Mac growing up. And you probably need a manual reload, which means I'm going to have to press that damned tiny little button on the back of your neck. Give the numbers while I find me a ballpoint pen.

Ah. Good. The first season of MacGuyver on DVD gets a hearty five ouuuttt oooofffff fffffiiii-