Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hello, brothers and sisters in Carbon. I know, I know, the bots missed last week. It seems that there was a power surge when JC was recharging, when he woke up he was a little... off... and promptly disassembled everyone, and then most of himself. I am still in the complicated process of reassembling them (I thought I had finished Rob, but there were a handful of screws left over AND he had somehow acquired a laser cannon so no. Lotta work still to do. However, for you people, I managed to net a very special guest, willing to give his opinion on his new movie. Marvin, if you will?

If I will what?

If you will review the movie?

Yes, I probably will. What of it?

Just... just review the movie!

...

Well?

What do you want me to say?

I-... just-... anything! Just talk about the movie!

Are you familiar with the book, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

Um, yeah.

It's not really very similar.

... you just delight in annoying me, don't you?

In an existence of constant misery, it does provide me with with the few moments of mere distaste.

...

...

That's SAD!

So I've noticed.

Um... okay. Could you just give it a number, I have a lot to get done.

Oh, of course. You're a busy man, so I'll just rush my work. Brain the size of a planet, I could analyze the film frame by frame in an instant, but I'll just convert all of that into an integer between one and five, shall I? Better yet, why even bother thinking at all? I'll just give it a five, that way everyone is happy. Everyone except me, of course. I'm so depressed... and I've got this pain running up and down the diodes of my left side...

What? Oh, yeah, five? Okay, good. Five. Um. Go away now.

Of course. Tell the human what he wants and then get out of his way. Shouldn't be surprised, and of course I'm not, because this happens every day, really.

Bye, Marvin. And, um, bye folks at home. Five out of five, I think he said. See you next week!