Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Collateral

I have been instructed to begin with a joke:

Taxi drivers are not especially skilled, and they often kill other humans in vehicular accidents.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. That was a funny one, because humans died. Ha ha ha ha. Tom cruise plays an assassin in this movie, and he forced jamie fox to drive him places for the purpose of killing five humans. jamie fox is strangely reluctant to assist tom cruise in his work, and the interactions between the two form the crux of the movie.

The beginning of the movie was somewhat slow, but once tom cruise started killing hu-mons, the movie picked up and was very humorous. In all likelihood you will "bust a gut" while watching this. I know that if I were capable of feeling joy, I would have been feeling lots of it. Pardon me for a moment.

...

I have been informed that this film is not a comedy, despite the degree of violence inflicted by tom cruise onto smaller, weaker hu-mons. The movie is a thriller that should elicit feelings of fear in beings that can be harmed by hu-mons, namely, other hu-mons. I do not understand it myself, but my hu-mon imprisoner i mean master, Ed, assures me that this is the case. It would be improper and suspicious to argue with him.

analysis: 4 out of 5, standard deviation of .2.