Saturday, July 17, 2004

Reed's Extra Ginger Brew

Hey, folks, it's Time Stalin! I recently got my claws on a bottle of Reed's Extra Ginger Brew to try. I'm just fooling, they aren't really claws. The one's a sort of vice-y clamp-y thing, and the other's, like, 90% the same as yours. Regardless, I got my mitt on a bottle, and drank it. That was my first mistake.

Wait, wait, stay upbeat, Stalin, stay upbeat. Reed's isn't terrible, but ginger is an acquired taste, to say the least. Of course, it's got it's advantages. Let's me do a quick search to find out... searching... wow! Headaches, ulcers, heart disease, is there anything this little root can't cure? Oh, here's a new one: "increased sperm motility!" Hmm... so, if I were trying to breed a superior generation, and I'm not saying I am, I should feed the father lots of ginger to increase the likelihood of conception. Interesting... I should make a note of it.

Regardless of it's capacity to breed supermen, ginger beer must be judged by it's taste. And Reed's tastes like ginger, very strongly. I don't much like ginger. You may, I don't know and it's not something I concern myself with. No one's ever opened a mass grave based on whether or not people enjoy ginger. I know I won't, come the revolution. People will be free to enjoy ginger or not as they please, except the breeding stock who will be required to. If, of course, I decide it would be prudent to forcibly breed a generation of superchildren. I might not.

The problem I have with ginger, is that it's quite a sharp and unforgiving flavor. Nothing you wouldn't notice if it were, say, introduced into the water supply. Keep that in mind. I know I will.

The verdict: I'll give it a two out of five. I don't like it. If you do, though, you might want to get as much as possible now, because afterwards, it's all going to the parents of the generation of super children that I'm breeding. To each according to their need, and all. And I really need some superchildren.