Saturday, July 17, 2004

Psi Ops

Er, hello sirs and madams. I've, uh, I've just completed a, uh, game, although, really, if it was more of a job, so I was working really, when, um, when I was playing this game which I... uh... played. Oh dear, that wasn't a good start at all, was it? I'm not, er, not much of a gamer, sort of thing, so, I, uh, I wasn't very good but I... oh no, I haven't even mentioned the name of the game, have I? Oh dear, oh dear, I suppose I should just start over, yes? Um... hello. I just, ah, I just played 'Psi Ops' which is a game on all the next generation platforms, so it doesn't matter which one you have if you want to play it. Unless, um, you don't have any, in which case I, uh, I guess you can't. Oh, but you should! It's really, truly unfair for you to be denied the right to play the game just because you don't have a next generation console! Why, if you ever want to use one I, uh, well, what I mean is, if any of my parts an circuits could be of any help to you for any reason I'd, uh, willing donate them to the cause. Um.

In 'Psi Ops' one plays a fellow with psychic powers, but, um, because there's some sort of, uh, terrorist plot you must stop, those powers are, uh, are used to create tremendous disarray. Really, it's horrific! Half the game is using telekinesis to pick up crates and throw them about, getting shards of lumber all over and just... just creating a fabulous mess of things! And then there's the, uh, mind drain which c-can actually make enemies' heads explode! I, I was shocked! Do you know how hard it would be to clean brain off of natural fabrics? It's... um, I, oh, oh! Of course you know, I, uh, I didn't mean to imply that you wouldn't know, believe, that, uh, was not... that was never my intent, please accept my humble apologies!

So, um, yes. The game. It's good, I suppose, though I got killed many, many times. It was a bit, um, very untidy, but, uh, I suppose it was fun to use the psi powers, even if I couldn't really tidy up with them. They would have been so useful too... remote viewing to look for dust under furniture, aura view to see ground in stains on carpet, pyrokenesis to burn autumn leaves or when the oven's pilot light goes out, mind control for... uh, well, I guess I can't really think of a way that would be useful in tidying up, but, um, it was fun in the game. Not, oh dear... not that I approve of controlling humans in real life, um, as, uh, as that would be quite wrong! Really, it would!

So, yes, um, game. Fun, uh, third-person action game with a, uh, neat idea behind it. The plot was... there. Um. I suppose it kept the game, uh, moving, so that's good. Extras, replayability, uh, all that. Controls worked... it, uh, looked nice. So, uh, good game, I suppose. Right? Is there anything else I should be looking for?

I, uh, I'll let it have a four out of five. Un- unless you really like this sort of game, and then it should be higher. Or, uh lower, if you prefer. Either, really, I swear!