Monday, July 19, 2004

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Oh, the things I would do if I had a Transmutatron. Hey, folks, I'd like to tell you about the funniest movie I've seen in ages. If you'll believe it, there was a time when I thought all movies were frivolous wastes of time that would be better spent, oh I don't know, farming or something. Whatever it was, I had completely missed out on the idea that a happy collective is a productive collective. And this movie would make for a happy collective!

When you're led into a theater showing this movie, be sure to blame (or more likely, thank) Larry Blamire, who wrote, directed, and starred in it. What a position of power! You're a man after my own heart, Larry. (Good luck finding it, though. I haven't seen it since time soldiers blew up the Mir-B in 2116.)

'Lost Skeleton' is a profoundly silly movie, in the style of those 1950's horror flicks that Robot 1's always watching. Although he always gets annoyed and turns them off just when the humans start fighting back. Whatever. The story's about a scientist, some aliens, and an evil scientist, all looking for the ultra-rare element atmospherium to benefit mankind, power a rocket, and conquer the world, respectively. There's also a skeleton with mental powers and a device that creates ultra powerful mutant killing machines, both of which use atmospherium to function. You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that no such element actually existed, or if it does, not a single piece of communications equipment on the grid mentions it. Man, just a handful of it would probably let me take over a medium-sized nation of my choice. Ah well, focus on the 'can do's Stalin, focus on the 'can do's.

While I can't take over Italy... yet, what I can do is recommend this movie. It's got everything from terrible acting to absurd dialogue to just plain funny jokes. You won't be disappointed.

The verdict: five out of five, no doubt about it. Definitely work obtaining the DVD, which also had a wealth of extra features, or you can just wait until my 'Komplacency through Komedy' plan gets initiated. Your choice.