Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Cowboy Bebop: the Movie

Ah, um, hello sirs and madams. I, uh, just finished watching the, uh, movie based on a cartoon, um, well, not a 'cartoon' really, just a, er, show that's animated, um... called 'Cowboy Bebop.' It's, uh, one of those Japanese show which I am, uh, told is quite popular these days. It's, uh, about bounty hunters who try to capture a terrorist, so, uh, you can see how it's not a cartoon meant for children, un- unless you, uh, think your child is mature enough for it, and, um, I... um... I wouldn't doubt your judgment so, uh, yea, yes of course children might enjoy the fighting and the shooting and the bleeding and everything getting terribly out of order and out of sorts. Oh, it's just... dreadful the way they couldn't complete this movie in a clean manner. Oh, but I'm, uh, I should talk about the movie.

The, uh, movie takes place sometime in the middle of the series, I think, and, uh, I suppose that's important to mention because characters start leaving at the end of the series. Oh no! Oh no, I've just ruined the series for anyone who might want to see it! Oh, but... I... oh I'm so sorry! Can... is there any way to make it up to you? I can't, I mean, I... oh I have to go!


Hi, this is Ed, JC-65's owner. JC seems to have gotten himself worked up about something or other, so I'm letting him clean my gutters for a while. He'll be back when he's feeling calm again, and when my gutters are spotless. Right, bye then.


Oh, I'm back and feeling better than ever, ready to talk about the movie. It was fun, amusing, interesting, all those things movies should be. Why, I'm feeling so fine I don't even mind the copious amounts of blood and gore, what with it being about bounty hunters and everything. Yes, yes, I have to think I enjoyed this movie. Although, uh, I do realize that it might not be to everyone's taste. Um, the violence, and the style, although I liked it, you might, um... oh I'm not feeling quite so well anymore.

I'll,uh, let it have a four and a half out of five. But if you didn't see the series then maybe a four. And if you don't like animation maybe a three. And if you don't like violence it's, uh, more of a two or a one. Uh... yes... I suppose.